Department of Human Resources and Administration
The Department of Human Resource and Administration will manage and develop human resources in order to improve the performance of the Ministry. It will also provide administrative and logistical support services in order to facilitate the smooth operations of the Ministry.
The Department performs the following specific functions:-
- Undertake Human Resource Planning
- Coordinate staff training and development
- Coordinate the orientation and induction of staff
- Coordinate the institutionalization of the Performance Management Package (PMP)
- Facilitate the recruitment and placement of staff
- Interpret and disseminate Conditions of Service
- Coordinate Staff Welfare programs including HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness activities
- Staff discipline
- Records Management
- Provision of Secretarial Services
- Public relations and protocol duties
- Payroll Management and Establishment Control
- Office Management
- Transport Management.
The Department has three Sections namely: –
- Human Resources
- Administration and Logistical Support
- Records Management.
Human Resources Section
The Section is responsible for the following functions:-
- Recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, retirement and contracts of staff
- Interpretation and dissemination of Labour Laws and Terms and Conditions of Service for the Public Service
- Timely processing of disciplinary cases
- Overseeing the implementation and institutionalization of APAS
- Conducting training needs assessment
- Training and Staff Development.
Administration and Logistical Support Section
The Section is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support in order to facilitate the effective operations of the Ministry and has two (2) Units as follows:
- General Administration Unit
- Transport Unit
General Administration Unit
The Unit is responsible for the following specific functions:-
- Security of premises and other Government property
- Office management and general maintenance of buildings and surroundings
- Office Equipment maintenance and Stores
The Transport Unit is responsible for the management of the Ministry’s fleet.
Records Management Unit (Registry)
The Records Management Unit is responsible for establishing and maintaining an efficient and secure records management system for effective communication and decision making in the Ministry.
Government Transport Control Unit
The role of Government Transport Control Unit is to regulate the acquisition, maintenance, usage and disposal of Government vehicles in order to ensure cost-effectiveness in the utilisation of Government resources. The Unit through its regional offices performs the following specific functions:
- Facilitate purchase and allocation of VIP Vehicles
- Register and maintain an inventory of Government fleet
- Regulate disposal of Government motor vehicles and transport related to plant and equipment
- Enforce regulations on the use of Government motor vehicles and transport related to plant and equipment
- Conduct assessments of motor vehicles involved in road traffic accidents for onward submission to Standing Accident Board and Committees
- Standardize the type of Government vehicles to be used in Ministries/Institutions
- Running a pool of Government vehicles for use by Institutions
- Issue certificate of competences to eligible Government drivers and other officers
- Mobilise and hire motor vehicles for use in state and official functions.
The Unit is divided into two regions as follows: –
- Northern Region
- Southern Region
The Northern Region is responsible for regulating the acquisition, maintenance, usage and disposal of Government vehicles in Northern, Muchinga, North-Western, Luapula and Copperbelt Provinces.
The Southern Region is responsible for regulating the acquisition, maintenance, usage and disposal of Government vehicles in Central, Lusaka, and Eastern, Western and Southern provinces.